Alister is a creative agency that believes in making it big in the little leagues. We help entrepreneurs, small businesses, and startups launch and grow their brand through web development, video production, and ads.
As a video editor, you will be responsible for bringing our client's ideas to life through compelling visual storytelling. Working closely with our creative team, you will transform raw footage into polished videos that engage and captivate audiences.
The ideal candidate will have a strong portfolio showcasing their ability to craft visually stunning videos that effectively communicate a message. You should be proficient in video editing software such as Premiere Pro and After Effects and have experience working with a variety of video styles. Your creativity should extend beyond the editing process, as you will be expected to think outside the box and contribute innovative ideas to enhance the overall video production.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about video editing, possesses a great attitude, and is always eager to learn and grow. If you are a creative problem-solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want you on our team!
Minimal direct client contact will be required, but an openness to interacting with clients when needed is appreciated and considered an asset.
This is an hourly contractor/freelance position, and all work shall be conducted remotely.
- Have 2-3 years of experience in video editing
- Are proficient in Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Have a strong understanding of storytelling and pacing in video editing
- Are skilled in color grading and audio editing
- Have experience with motion graphics and visual effects
- Are comfortable working with client briefs and feedback
- Have experience collaborating with other freelancers
- Have a basic understanding of Notion for project management
- Have a holistic approach to video editing, considering both the macro and micro aspects of the production
- Have a portfolio of past projects showcasing your editing skills and completed videos
- Are currently ready and able to work in Canada
Nice to haves:
- Experience in social media content
- Knowledge of current social media video trends
- Ability to understand and speak French
- Experience in preparing video files for motion design
- Based in Montreal is an asset but not required
What you'll be doing:
- Editing videos for various clients and platforms
- Planning & developing scripts and storyboards
- Crafting engaging videos for social content and larger campaigns
- Creating larger campaign and hero videos for brands
- Cutting down existing content to create social media and ad content
- Contributing fresh ideas and creative strategies to elevate video productions
- Adhering to brand guidelines and stylescapes
What you'll get:
- $25 - $30 per hour (based on experience), 10-15 hours per week (more available)
- Reimbursement of a subscription of your choice (up to $300/annually)
- Example: software subscription, creative cloud, healthcare plan/insurance
- $300 for courses, training, or professional development of your choice
- Flexibility to set your own working hours (available for team meetings 1-2 times per week during standard business hours)
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work on exciting video projects for a variety of clients in different industries. You will also have the chance to grow your skills and advance your career in a fun and supportive environment.
We believe that great video editing has the power to change the world, and we are looking for someone who shares that belief. If you are ready to take your video editing career to the next level, apply today and let's create something amazing together!
Note: Only applicants with a portfolio included (links or documents) will be considered.